6.19.2011

goodbye and hello

 Leaving behind a seven year adventure as a kindergarten teacher to move to second grade.  Here's what my classroom looked like the day I finally shut the door for the last time.  It was my choice, but to be totally honest I was a little bit sad to walk away. I guess what I'll miss the most is the play aspect and the sweetness that (usually) comes from five year olds.  I lugged home six boxes of excitement for Reese though and I'm pumped to turn the basement into our own early childhood adventure.  A lot of fun, exploration, and adventure went on behind those doors, but I am ready to start a new chapter at the same time.  I have no idea what second grade will have in store,  but I'm ready to find out!
 But enough work talk, because let's face it..it's officially summer and what better way to celebrate than at mom and dad's new lake house.  We said hello to Big Turkey Lake and we know that this is just the beginning of so many memories.  I have so many fond memories of the lake at my grandma and grandpa's house growing up and I'm delighted to have the same for Reese now!  We are very thankful for some rest and relaxation.
 And what better way to get into the spirit than catching the first fish (let's not worry that it was actually from the back pond and not from the lake, or that Adam had to dig a worm up from the ground to score this little guy).
What happy campers we are:)

No comments:

Post a Comment