12.23.2011

December Goodness


 We have had so many fun holiday activities this month!  Breakfast with Santa was one of the big hits.  Ashley and her mom invited Reese and I to the event at East Noble High School.  I had always heard good things about it, and it was so cute!  There were singing and dancing reindeer, songs, a live nativity, pancakes, and best of all....Santa himself!  I even got Reese to sit on his lap and smile...picture perfect...
Perhaps my favorite activity was going to the Fort Wayne Ballet's Nutcracker.  I was nervous that Reese was a bit too young, but I was willing to chance it.  I just couldn't wait another year!  I prepped her by showing her the performance of when I was the chinese doll.  She seemed intruiged enough.  My dad got the tickets and we were seated in the front row.  I gave him a hard time at first because I thought we wouldn't be able to see, but it worked out perfect!  We could see so well and Reese was able to get up close and personal.  She was on the edge of her seat the entire first act!  If I'm being honest it may have made me a little teary:)  I'm just so glad she loved it....and now she likes to be a ballerina at home while wearing my old pointe shoes.  Love it.

Last weekend Ashlee invited Reese over to make gingerbread houses.  I just love how these two have bonded.  (the polly pockets are a bonus as well).  Reese loves Ashlee's new dog Pax and says, "I wish I could have a dog like that."  The house making extravaganza was a hit.



The house turned out beautiful and Reese really enjoyed eating decorating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment