10.21.2011

drum roll please............!

Reese is going to have a baby brother!  Today we had our 20 week appointment and found out that this little baby is a boy:) 


Everyone predicted it.  I even had a feeling this time, but refused to tell anyone.  I know nothing about boys, but somehow I know this will be the perfect fit for our family.  It just feels like it's real now and I feel so blessed.  Reese was a little confused looking when we told her it was a baby boy in mommy's belly.  We asked her if she was happy and she said yes.  I can't wait for her to be a big sis to this little bundle.  She's going to be such a good big sister.  If only my dad could find my anatomically correct boy doll from when I was little.  She continues her obsession with babies and making sure she has everything that is needed to take care of them, like the portable high chair she insisted daddy hook onto her play table yesterday for example.

It's been all about babies around here lately.  I finally got a pic last week of Reese holding baby Caroline.  She is IN LOVE with that girl.  Every baby doll she owns is named Caroline.  Caroline is so sweet she just lays there and takes Reese making silly faces two inches away from her face and gently shaking her hand.

I also was able to go to Keelin's baby shower for Baby Nora a couple of weekends ago.  It was so wonderful to see Laura and her girls and Keelin.  I love that Keelin and I are pregnant at the same time.  She's going to be such a great mommy too.  And to think I'm breaking the girl trend in our group!  Baby Gaines will have to marry one of those girls someday;) 

Oh yes, and one last bit of information.  Reese can draw a face all by herself now!

And she likes to pretend she's at church playing the drums. 
 "We're playing church, mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment